I just finished pulling out the various bits of LaTeX and OMake I wrote for using the DejaVu Sans Mono font in my dissertation, as suggested by Brian. You can grab it using
darcs get from http://free-the-mallocs.com/repos/dejavu-sans-mono.
You will need to copy the TrueType files for DejaVu Sans Mono and DejaVu Sans into the directory before running
omake. DejaVu Sans is required because I needed to steal a few glyphs from it that are not yet in DejaVu Sans Mono. The other notable omission is that I never needed the oblique version of the typeface, but I can add that with just a little more hacking.